Where He is…..
The copper haired one looks up at me and that bottom lip that only he has looks just like the day he was born and he confesses,
“I am afraid.”
His words absorbed into the darkness of the hallway before I can click the light on.
My eyes squint and I purse my lips. I am not like “good mothers”, I am not like the ones who smooth their children’s hair at times like this… I am more the type which tells you about the sword of a Spirit…and to slice fear’s head off. He knows this, but he needs to hear it…. because I am his mother and my words still bring peace.
“Listen…is Jesus in your room?”
“Yes ,” he says and he already knows where this is going… but he still needs it all to be spoken out and fill this room.
“Do you think there is less Jesus in there tonight? In this whole house?” He shakes his head and smiles…. even at six , the concept of ”less Jesus” seems laughable. His brothers , propped off their pillows watch. All of them having sought out my assurance of peace and safety at different times.
“There is always more God. Okay… yeah,” satisfied with his own realization he joins his brothers with a peace in his heart.
~Because sometimes when we are afraid we are agreeing there are places which have less of Him… situations, places, areas of our lives which even He can’t provide for us. Before we sign our names to contracts written in fear’s ink…we must break away from the lies and agree with Truth…that He is enough.~
What a wonderful week…I am so thankful.
- Getting to talk with people I haven’t heard from in awhile.
- Noa singing, “Thank you for everything you do” all the time.
- Time to paint.
- a son who journals, “my mom thinks I have a creative mind” and then says “you can read it…cuz you’re my mom”.love.
- the man of my dreams is building me a Valentines present… exciting!
- miniature bouquets of bright flowers in my studio.
- Waking up to beaming sunshine.
- Girls going ice skating
- an awesome week ahead….stay tuned.