Forgetful Friday

May 27, 2011

The Tv screen glows a green map with an angry red and orange mass clawing its way over the countylines and towns. I nurse the baby to sleep as I fret about the trees falling on my home and the damaging hail. I forget about the shows I had wanted to watch and I stayed glued to the news report. I look out the window and see the sky; a giant green and yellow bruise….

I forget the trees are walnut and strong.
I forget that nature has seen storms like this before and is fine.
I forget the difference between a tornado warning and tornado watch.
and then….

I forget the storm all together as the trees are still and the baby fusses, her stuffy nose keeping her from a sound sleep.
I forget as the sky quiets and fades to black.
I forget as my dreams are filled with visions that need interpretting.
and I wake to a beautiful world……

I had forgotten how after the storm the world looks so at peace.

I forget that even after the hail and the wind and the driving rain; the field rises back up…each strand of grass kissed by the son begins to rise back up after the storm.
I had forgotten all of this.

5 mins to write…20 mins to do pics…is that breaking the rules…I forget.
Thanks Gypsymama for a fun 5 minFriday.

1. May 27, 2011 11:20 am

Beautiful. And you’re absolutely right. We do forget…

2. May 27, 2011 11:29 am

Hauntingly beautiful. I am so glad everyone is alright. The fields will indeed rise again.

3. May 27, 2011 1:16 pm

Visiting from Five Minute Friday.

Nice post – it reminds me of life, how the storms come and we forget everything else, but then after they pass, we eventually forget the storm.

I’ll have to go blog-snooping a bit, I see you like Guatemala, and I live there!

• May 27, 2011 1:54 pm

Oh I LOVE Guatemala.
      The post before this has a pic of the volcano in guatemala city.
      Funny I just came from your blog only to see you were at mine.
      T.

4. May 27, 2011 2:43 pm

What a beautiful post and images. I went through this same kind of fear when a massive tornado system came through Alabama and then on to Georgia a few weeks ago. It’s amazing how fear can take over one’s mind and change the nature of one’s thoughts completely. Visiting from 5-Minute-Friday!

• May 27, 2011 3:57 pm

Thanks for the compliment about the pics and post. You are sweet.
      The south has definitely been hit hard this year.
      T.

5. May 27, 2011 10:30 pm

never forget mommy and daddy – think of a way to run home Jack run home!

you take good pictures.

6. May 27, 2011 10:38 pm

I used to live in Nebraska, and every spring, I’d remember again. Now I’m in a place where tornados are rare, but watching the news, I remember again. I’ve been thinking about writing about the storms, but haven’t found the words. Good work.
    And, thanks for such kind words and for visiting!
    Blessings on blessings!