Local & Organic: Gluten Free Apple Crumble
- 1 cup Pamela’s GF flour
- 1/2 cup soft Butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 4-5 Organic Apples cored and sliced thin
- Smidge grated Nutmeg
- 1/8+ tsp sea salt
- 4Tbsp Real Maple syrup
- Preheat 350*
- Butter 8inch dish
- Crumble and combine: GF Flour, 1/2tsp Cinnamon, Brown Sugar, Nutmeg and Sea Salt…and softened butter till crumbly goodness.
- Combine and Coat: Sliced Apples, 1/2tsp Cinnamon, Nutmeg and salt to taste.
Some Assembly Required:
- In a Buttered dish pour in the Apple Mixture
- Drizzle 2Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Crumble your crumble on top.
- Drizzle remaining Maple Syrup on top
- 25-40 minutes depending on depth of dish and thickness of apple slices.
- Check by inserting a sharp knife into the cooked apple to see if it is to your desired firmness.
If you wanted to make this with regular flour… you can just use the same amount of flour but with a smidge more salt. If you enjoyed this recipe please let me know. It’s a super simple and quick recipe to throw together when the apples start piling up. Big thanks to Herb for this outstanding Maple syrup! Herb sells me the goats milk which I use when I make feta. Before finding him I had written off all goats milk as something which smelled like the wrong end of a goat! But Herb has saved the day with outstanding milk and now outstanding fresh maple syrup!~T
~Oh and I am linking up with :