Somedays with briars around your ankles you must keep moving.
Because somedays people point to the briar bushes and tell you they will turn into peach trees…and you rub your eyes and smooth the places scarred red and only see thorns no matter how hard you look for peaches.
You try and focus… try and see what they see.
Somedays when all you want to do is walk in the Keep Moving but you are slowed down with those brambles catching on your clothes…
You rub your eyes again…. You have to refocus
You know this is all part of the plan…
Not of The Plan but a plan nonetheless… a plan to tangle and ensnare you... To make you focus on the thorns and not on the Keep Moving.
On those days when you already know that you know the thorns were already worn by someone else much better then you can….
On those days…
You must focus…
refocus and watch for what are the signs of the Keep Moving…
and it starts with your shallow exhausted breath… And by the end of the list your breath begins to normalize… Your eyes to refocus…
Because we are built for the Keep Moving….
Thank You for….a list to make:
- Sunny days
- My brother home safe, sound and satisfied after nearly outrunning this weekends race.
- Cheery HeyTells early Monday morning when you really need to hear a happy voice.
- Hearing clearly…”Refocus” and realizing what it means and what it pertains to.
- People who oohed and ahhed about my art
- The feeling of ripping it out of my book and giving my art away…sending it out.
- Tons of soup ready to feed lunches on a hectic Monday.
- A hard working husband
- Knowing that if the plan is to slow I down…I must be following the right Path in the Keep Moving
- Knowing I am built for this.
- Knowing it’s already all been done for me…I just need to walk it out on The Path
- An encouraging sister who tells me I have done a good job.
- Sweet friends who surprise me in their sweetness.
- A sister who is great at performing and is always fun to watch.
- All my children know how to play chess… (Just makes me a satisfied kind of happy)
- A bathroom remodel nearly complete….with 7kids every bathroom counts!
- Waking up rested even though I should feel exhausted.
- Listening and laughing to others people’s annoying RV stories…we have the same ones…. How do you weigh those stupid things?