And because the girls went out with their great-grandmother one afternoon…. of course on the following afternoon the boys had to go off with the great grandparents.
While the boys were gone… Just us girls plus Dad took a nature walk. So much quieter then the ones we have when we take the boys.
Instead of buckets with hammers and shovels… there were well loved dolls riding along.
Instead of counting every owl pellet along the way we said things like, “ooooh isn’t this caterpillar the cutest?”
No rushing around collecting rocks to make dams… Instead we went at our own pace, and some made bowls from the clay they collected.
and some didn’t…..
When spending time with my sons or my daughters, I am always reminded I am raising SuperHeros.
What a fantastic weekend…So big I didn’t know just how to capture it in one post…so I hope I can cram some of it into this list:
- Cooking all day with my husband… making jokes and food all day… must have been prophetic because we were packed all weekend!
- Tons of meat added to the freezer.
- Great Grandchildren spending time learning from Great Grandparents.
- finding tics before they bite… yuck!
- That Compassion International provides awesome ways to give Christmas Presents to people in need….everything from chickens and goats to computers and art supplies!
- Meeting Grace and her mate… new friends… but they feel like old friends…rare and awesome.
- Scrappy yet intelligent and fiery discussion amongst spiritually gifted people about what defines Spiritual Gifts… Oh I wish you could have been there…so interesting and thought provoking…ending in awesome revelation.
- how prayer unfolds and envelopes all at the same time.
- Prayer with vision.
- Hearing a 20year legacy Sunday morning…which inspired and made me more assured on where I need to be.
- Having access to awesome musicians.
- Having access to seriously gifted spiritual people.
- Sunday Dinner is really becoming something awesome.
- meeting my soon to be SIL’s family for lunch…..great people …how it should be.
- feeling the Pull of God…in a direction… not know yet just why… but knowing that is what it is.