Tired? Wake up Call!
So today’s word at The Gypsy Mama is …yawn...Tired…. and all I can is…yawn, didn’t I cover this all week in one way or another… 7kids in the Christmas season…
yep I did..
So I guess we are all tired…isn’t that the idea…to stop us before we have even begun…. (umm..it’s December 2nd)
Make our petty First World problems seem not like a gift but something of a chore… I mean:
- We are going to have to get dressed up and go places… in running vehicles with heat and tunes…all to get this done…wiping the sweat from our brows.
- We are going to have to send Christmas Cards to a stack of people God has strategically placed in our lives.
- We are going to have to work at jobs that support our families…
- We will have to buy presents and then wrap them and give them to our family…. how do we do it? Our yoke is so heavy, isn’t it?
- And then at night we will crawl into warm beds in warm houses with food in our bellies…and we will have to go to bed tired from all the gifts we have turned into burdens….
How do we do it every day? this reverse-alchemy is something we have crafted to a self satisfying science.
So since the latest trend is to count everything a chore and a hassle and nothing is a blessing…
I would be an absolute bag of idiots to fall for it…I admit for a day I fell for it…
I am sure you did too… Wasn’t that the plan…to make us too tired to enjoy…too tired to be thankful?
So shake it off… don’t buy the lie… don’t sign your name to it.
You are blessed…and either you like it or you don’t.
Well are ya?
I am sure there are plenty of people on this planet that would love …would climb over each other to be our kind of tired.
So let’s all walk like the Blessed . Which team are you playing for anyway?
How to find the Pause Button:
How to give Giving meaning again in your house:
Do you need a deep breath in: