real praise and worship…
A normal Monday begins and with it normal things of eggs and cereal, lists to be done, rooms to be swept and we begin the turning of cogs and school lessons…
Surrounded in literal fog I remember a great man telling us all that fog is
really the Favor Of God… and I thankfully sip my tea.
Upstairs I ready my lists and put things in order…I feel it…something twining through my house,
I can feel the shift.
I check it in my spirit and hear so clearly it is Yen reading the Bible…but even though I know that I know…I dismiss it as “just a feeling”… not feeling The Pulse. So I upstairs, and somewhere downstairs there is a twining of Be Glorified happening… and there truly is no mistaking it.
I feel the Presence and I dive into it...if she is downstairs inviting this in on a hectic morning she will not do it alone…so shoulder to shoulder in the spirit , yet floors apart, I join in the Be Glorified…..a simple praise.
I had just been thinking about, how many songs sung on Sundays bemoan us as we sing of our faults… as if He is unaware
How we repackage praise, Sundays after Sundays to sing of how unfit we are…how unworthy…
and then there are those moments…where you repeat in song…”almighty… wonderful… beautiful… excellent ….” or “… holy holy holy …You are holy…” and the Shift happens and we stop singing about us and we truly praise…we stop flogging His creation and we truly worship the Creator. In those moments we get a glimpse…can you imagine just a sliver of sliver of His Presence.
Really ready for my day… I gather my phone still pouring out praise in the upstairs….and I can feel it…It grows greater.
So I go to look and sure enough… there she sits…her brother had bumped her off the computer so she sits reading her Bible aloud when normally at this time she is with furrowed brow dividing fractions… but now her voice is just multiplying and adding the Be Glorified into our home.
I crouch down next to my daughter, yet my sister, in real praise…”What were you reading?” I know she hears clearly the Voice of God…and I wait crouched next to the table…
she tries to form the words in English…to organize what her spirit knows in a different language…“That ….when we praise God…it can not be about us… it is all about us…we can bring faith but not sin…because He already got rid of that…just praise…,” she looks at me and it shocks me….because there is No doubt that is what He was saying to me upstairs… and her downstairs. The beauty of her takes my breath away… the beauty of Him …there are no words.
Do you know what happened to this little girl 5 years ago?… for this profound truth to flow out of her mouth in broken English?…
There is no excuse for any of us not to praise… not to bemoan ourselves.. to enter His gates with Thanksgiving and Praise. We need to stop singing songs about ourselves signing them as praise… and instead:
Just Praise. Just Thanksgiving.
So many things to be Thankful for…let’s start this week with a few:
- A house laughing and eating all weekend.
- Listening and really hearing how different people Hear from God… amazing how many ways we can Receive revelation.
- My awesome husband who sent out the evites for our big charity event…all about the giving this season!
- “If my God is talking about something…I want to hear about it… I don’t care what it is about…if He is talking I will show up”
- constant revelation and confirmation from others….even from strange places, like Hershels Barn
- When sissybutt reenacts crazy church events from churches we once went to.
- abundant food
- friends with gluten free gingersnaps.
- high fiving the love of my life in church during the service because the pastor says, “I bet most of you have never sung to your wife”…umm…not this man! lol
- the opportunity to really praise.. to really worship and to have somethOne to really worship!
- a thousand errands to get ready for charity event… and the resources to make it happen!
- my rocking husband getting one of my favorite bands to play…although I don’t really need to twist his arm to get music, lol!