Staking my Garden with Art

December 31, 2011

Plenty of preparations are going on around here , on this sunny last day of the year.

New Year’s Day  is a pretty big deal, I can’t say that New Year’s Eve is… I have never given a flip about tonight.

~

~

So today there is food being made in big batches.

A Birthday being celebrated with a 3D movie and presents.

~

While they are away at the movie it dawns on me… so much painting has gone on around here… but not by me.  So curious how everyday the paints are pulled out and people sit in the kitchen drinking hot chocolate and painting.  I love it… but like I said.. I realize I was enjoying everyone else’s creative process but I really hadn’t created much.  So today with just the baby and me left behind as everyone else went to see TinTin with Dad, we painted.

Well I painted and in a curious exchange of roles.. she tucked me into my painting, and assured that I was very busy she  ran amuck through the house.  She raided her sisters room ~ doll clothes look like they exploded…. then she went off and knocked over some Lego castles… and it wasn’t till I saw her on her third banana muffin did I realize she thought they were defective candy muffins.  She was unwrapping them looking for the chocolate center and when finding them again void of a reward, she was winging them into the trash…and back again to look for one with candy!    It wasn’t till I explained they were banana muffins and not the candy cupcakes we had on Christmas did she finally give up entirely.

Generally I never look at the seed catalogs till late in January… I hide them away. But I am toying with the idea of artistic row markers this year. Last year I was just pleased to get a garden in and lost track of the names of the ones I liked. So this year I want to label the rows with the variety. But until that is determined I am painting my favorites which, no doubt will be included. Can you gather what varieties I was painting..yikes.

~

~

~

*On a side note… if you want me to pick a word or verse for you to start off the New Year,  just say so in the comments section and I will prayerfully draw one with you in mind….any takers? (edited to add: If you have no idea what I am talking about  read this post ~Word of Knowledge~and  then you can figure out if you want me to chose one for you)~T

1. December 31, 2011 1:52 pm

So glad you were able to steal some creative moments for yourself! And what a beautiful result! I love the idea of handpainted markers for your garden!

• December 31, 2011 1:59 pm

yeah i am sort of jazzed about it… now i have to figure out how to make them weather proof.
      thanks for dropping by.

2. December 31, 2011 3:21 pm

best scallion painted ever hands down. (that sentence makes about as much sense as I will after my third glass of wine tonight…) anyway those paintings are very nice. draw me a word…don’t tell it to me and we will see what I pick tomorrow…ok ?

3. December 31, 2011 9:03 pm

What a wonderful idea for the garden! Your paintings are precious! Would love to see how your garden looks in the spring!!
    And I would love for you to pick out a word for me for this coming New Year! What a beautiful tradition! Can’t wait!! Happy New Year!!
    Belinda

• December 31, 2011 9:14 pm

i am so happy you wanted me to pick a word…yay!
      your word is …Be.
      and your verse is Jeremiah 1:9.
      happy new year!

4. January 1, 2012 10:39 am

Looks like a wonderful day. Art with food and painting.
    Have a nice new years day
    Nicole/Beadwright

5. January 1, 2012 1:53 pm

T must stand for “treasure” . . . that’s just what you are! I so enjoy who you are and how you see things and say things. Your painting is delightful, I would love for you to pick a word for me. Thank you and Happy New Year!

6. emily m. permalink
    January 1, 2012 10:37 pm

Wonderful paintings! How are you going to keep them from getting ruined from the rain? The snap peas were splendid:)
    I would love for you to pick me a word and a verse, or should I wait and pick my own next week?

• January 2, 2012 9:21 am

oh i am working on a transfer idea…something to busy me in January…we shall see.
      Funny about the peas… the baby totally smudged those so they weren’t my best…or rather they started pretty well but then …blah.
      as far as giving you a word, dearie… how will i ever get you back here if I give everything to you now…
      hehe.

7. Carolyn permalink
    January 2, 2012 7:44 am

Send me a verse fo
    r 2012 blessings to you n your family

8. January 2, 2012 6:18 pm

Glorious vegetables. Hope you figure out a way to use these as garden markers.

• January 2, 2012 7:55 pm

oh i am still working on that I hope I Can find a good way to accomplish it.

9. January 3, 2012 10:16 am

Oh boy, now you got me thinking about doing garden markers for this year. Oh yes and it looks like I’ll do it for my herb garden. Wow, thanks for that inspiration. wowza! Happy New Year and I love your paintings. Wonderful job! Thanks for sharing.

10. January 4, 2012 8:54 am

Hope they can take the weather – they are so pretty!

Best wishes for a fun and creative 2012!

11. January 5, 2012 7:42 am

OOh the thought of all those muffins going in the bin… Nooooooo…..

• January 5, 2012 9:57 am

I know… well I pulled them and tossed them to the chickens…so not a complete waste.

12. January 5, 2012 8:38 pm

wonderful. that you are thinking ahead I have already chosen a word for this new year …it is EXCITEMENT ! That looks really exciting , right? Well…I’m going to try anyway

– KAT Happy PPF (late)

13. January 11, 2012 2:42 am

Isaiah 49:10 for those in the world in some kind of bondage… I pray this verse for them … this comfort
    love your heart… He lives there