Sitting in the Mess.
What is the quote about the true definition of insanity?
“Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”~Einstein
Nearly every time they do this…
I shouldn’t say “they”…out of all the brothers and sisters there is only one who causes this tangled mess.
It’s a hopeless mess and each time…I come out and tell this one with the flushed red face,
“Why did you do this again? You didn’t want to do this. You know better….you are better. Now here is this giant mess. Why didn’t you just stop and think this through instead of acting out of frustration in the heat of the moment” This one with the exhausted face…the tears brimming … sometimes gets frustrated at his own immaturity. It doesn’t seem to matter how many times I have explained the easier way to do this…every so often he just goes off on his own and makes a giant mess….a giant knotted mess.
Well this time I just needed to let this one sit in his own mess. No swooping in and showing him, yet again, how it is done. Because in this life..when you cause a big mess, sometimes you need to just sit with it.
There is One who has gone before you…He knew you would be right here.
And “here” may be a mess.
But this mess doesn’t define you…well, unless you let it.
It’s what you do with the mess…do you feed the mess and turn it into chaos.
Or do you reach out…seek out…ask Him for direction?
Nothing you have gone through is new…nothing.
He has already gone before you… so stop and ask.
Yes, even for that thing you are thinking about right now,…so small (or big) to others… you have nothing to lose by asking Him.
Just stop and ask for directions.
Be ready to receive the answer.
The “mess” may very well be the first step you have been given in a road towards Freedom.
I have so much to be thankful for…and trust me I am!
- Hearing the testimony of Allie Speck on Sunday morning…by far one of the best things I have ever heard in my.whole.life. Her finding God in the midst of her cancer battle was amazing….but all the side things I learned by listening, really listening was mind blowing….I could write 10posts on it…but I wish you would just come over and have tea and we could totally go over it!
- Going up to invite her to PFW and getting a word(s) for her…and it was so profound I just wanted to get out of the way of the words and stand next to her and listen…if that makes sense, lol.
- I don’t need to organize PFW any more then its’ established rhythm… because My.God.Exists. He will…and has done it all…because:
- My God Exists.
- Texts from friends I haven’t seen in awhile, “can we come over?”
- A chill Sunday afternoon, gathered around the picnic table just exchanging amazing stories.
- A beautiful sunset beaming off the trees like a light show accompanying the stories.
- talks of new studios.
- We are entering wedding season in my family…eeeeeiii!!!!
- Mrs.N getting up at PFW and playing the most peaceful and pure spontaneous song. Singing along only to find out she was creating it in the moment.Beautiful.
- Realizing she may be the bravest person I have seen in a long time.
- Seeing all my brothers Sunday.
- Laughing at 6am with the love of my life….” ‘Because I knew I was going to win!’ “
- Reading in Corinthians where it says ‘women should sit down and shut up, or only talk to their husbands about it later’…. is really just a part of entire letter giving a string of rules for an unruly gathering. An unruly loud group that had been told many times to get it together and act right. How if you have full blessing from your husband and are not an unruly mess… those are just words used in isolation and out of context to hinder …Finally breathing peace.
- Strawberry season….ie. strawberry jelly season…perhaps this week?
- My pea plants actually have peas on them…I thought it was just flowering on Saturday.
- The Amber Brooks song, “Make Way” song.
- Joseph Prince’s newsletter… how human kindness would have fed the prodigal son in the pigpen… but how that would have altered the story and given him no reason to go home…Human kindness isn’t the same as being led by the Spirit…and sometimes time spent in the pigpen (or twisted knotted messes) is where real revelation and understanding starts.