New International Version (NIV)22 He who finds a wife finds what is good
and receives favor from the Lord.
Oh what a weekend…
My brother is taking a wife… and I really feel like we have snatched her out of heaven. She is just that great.
She walks every day as an example to everyone that the Spirit which raised Him from the dead is within her.
She is brave and strong all tempered with grace. She is beautiful.
So what a fun weekend of just celebrating her coming into our family.
We had bridal showers and bachelorette parties…. all just so we could make memories with her.
I have said it from the very beginning of their meeting… “I trust that my brother hears clearly from God…and because he does, I know she is the one.”
Later on we went to our aunts’ beautiful horse farm to begin the rest of the evening….the bachelorette party! We all had a great time eating sushi and playing games. Then we went out to the funniest spots in town….ending up at a karaoke bar. It was a big stretch for me… as I , in the past ,have never been the “going out” type. However, Andrea is an amazing inspiration to me… she has overcome so much…and she walks everyday in Power. She was once identified as the girl-who-has________ but she is healed…and now she is the Woman who Walks in Healing and in the wake of a God who Provides. Did I mention how amazing she is? Can you tell the same rule of the “sun rising and setting on my brothers head” has quickly extended to his soon to be wife?
As if the above listed things aren’t enough…HE still gives me more reasons to be Thankful….
- That He shows me time and time again… People are on their own paths and I don’t need to understand it.
- Coming home on Sunday to find a person there by my husbands’ request…just to minister to me. They had been there… they know what this is like…this starting of other places.
- A friend saying, “The price isn’t pricey…the price has been paid… But there is a lot of backlash and reverb from shaking things up spiritually like you are doing.”
- Friends slow dancing in my kitchen.
- A brother who clearly hears from God.
- How all this reverb of backlash…or whatnot…is all hedged in peace….knowing that is a cloak of Grace not woven by me.
- Seeing performance and understanding why it’s not the same as the Spirit…at least not the Holy Spirit.
- Learning every day more how I am supposed to steward my gifts… I think I dropped the ball yesterday morning… but someone else picked it up…knowing I can’t wreck it… but I really don’t want to miss out.
- Another person calling me a title I am just not yet comfortable with wearing…learning to be humbled and honored….all learning…all growing.
- Listening to Liz sing the Torwalt song with my husband on my deck as they practice for the wedding. No rocks were crying out then, that is for sure, as it echoed over the fields.
- My humble husband who wants to grow as much as me.
- My husband who wants me to go as far as I can with all of this… as far as God will take me.
- A husband perfectly chosen for me who is so sure in his role in our marriage and house he doesn’t care what other people think about me being a leader.
- Sleeping so hard you don’t remember falling asleep.
- Homeschool portfolios nearly done… Oh please pray for me…they just need to be done.
- Getting to hang out with a new friend.