the new cello.
July 23, 2012
So much to be thankful for. I didn’t know which to write about so I will just list it all here…
- The love of my life having successfully played 10 hours of worship…that’s 3 different instruments too!
- Seeing Songs of Water play.
- Having everyone stay at our house for the past few days.
- Typing this post on their amazing music and the surreal experience of hearing my new cello in the other room being played by the Songs of Water string expert…Elisa you changed my life, I will never be the same!!!!!
- The most amazing husband in the whole world going out and getting me a cello….something I have wanted to have again for 20years!!!!
- Getting an hour lesson from Songs of Water bandmates on how to play the cello….I mean come on!!!
- taking said lesson and the other string guy popping his head in (while he is making us a gourmet meal in my kitchen) and saying, “Did you know you have a real good ear?..you really do!”
- having waited so long for a cello and a lesson…and He provides musical genius’ to be in my home…awesome timing.
- The very best steak in my life… thanks Jon.
- a brother who says….”ya know you should be a house where people can just stop and stay and then keep going”…oh yeah? ya think…told you he hears clearly.
- Feeding musicians and being fed by them everyday for a week.
- Getting to meet the neatest people with the most unique stories.
- My husband playing the very best solo PFW he has ever played.
- New musicians who crawled in tired with their babies late last night.
- Friends who are so warm and welcoming that people always mistake my home for theirs…. I love working side by side.
- getting to be surprised by other friends yesterday…didn’t think I would see them…but surprise!
- My grandmother is definitely well….and she loved getting to socialize with all the big wig musicians…at 80 she still holds her own!
- looking over and seeing Ash (7yrs) just sitting there talking to Luke Skaggs (yep that Luke Skaggs) about the way he plays music and how they write songs.
- same Luke coming up to my husband ,after Ben had played hours of drums ,and telling my husband ,”Man you are an excellent drummer…that was a great job.” Ben had felt he did a good job so it was really great to get that affirmation from someone in the know.
- looking out this morning to green lush-needs to be mowed grass…opposed to the crunchy brown stuff of last week!
- fresh tomatoes picked this morning…opposed to the blossom rotted ones I had been throwing into the field.
- did you hear I got a cello….and I have already flushed out how to play Ode to Joy on it!!!!