Pieces of a Puzzle.
I went with such expectation to the beach. Last year was so jam packed. Everywhere I looked there were old men fighting the waves, men with dragon tattoos face buried in sand, Cal swimming with dolphins, lessons in magnetite the list just went on and on. Granted, this year our vacation was just half the time of last year. But yet, every morning I would go out to a peaceful beach and I would look back and forth and wonder where all the excitement of last year had gone. I held this little pondering bit in my head at all times. Don’t get me wrong …there were things…so much…. but it wasn’t as obvious as the man with the tattoos or the old man in the surf, lol. For instance… I noticed the kids packed a dump truck this year, and a close friend and I texted during her early labor and she went on to have a beautiful boy… and then there was that beautiful girl who passed out from dehydration, I found her in the sand crouched over, and not to mention the Lectio Divina so yes, I guess there was much more than at first glance.
I have a little collection of photographs which I wonder, are pieces of a puzzle I will eventually put together…. yes, perhaps that may be it. Are you good at puzzles? If I lay out the pieces here can you connect them together? Hmmm…puzzles…that reminds me of another piece.
I am so thankful….
- For safe travels.
- For a husband who always passes me right before the toll both just to pay my toll.
- The lady in the toll both who says, “Oh gurrl he got you” with a big smile and a wave.
- For a brother who proclaimed me healed…and a husband who prays it so …. I do live so healed nowadays.
- Friends who appear on a friday night and just want to share food together.
- Taking that red headed boy out for his birthday shopping date. He smiles big at me with huge gratitude for each moment.( Tears)
- all the people on Instagram who wished him a Happy Birthday…how sweet of you to remember!
- Sunday’s all day organizing and purging…everyone chipping together to get it done…or at least a lot accomplished.
- A few days off of homeschool in my immediate future…we have gone every single day for a couple of weeks.
- that satisfied feeling you get when you poke around your property after a vacation and see somethings are better than expected!
- Israel may have to be tucked away for now (they moved the dates)… but bigger beginnings could be on the horizon….oh pray for me!
- waking up to a blue birthday balloon stuck in the tree outside my window, swaying in the breeze.
- getting strong words about a friend…who she is now…how she reflects His heart in such an evolved way.
- first Nature Walk of the season… visiting grandparents along the way.
- and then ,certainly not least…there was the most beautiful display of how He loves artistic ability, flanking both sides of our farm as we stood in the center of all this beauty not knowing which way to turn our heads….just surrounded by stunning light and art at every glance…. ( don’t have a wide angle lens and the rainbow was humongous, over the whole barn)