We still have power….
October 29, 2012
With an iffy internet connection…let me try and toss up my list of Thankfulness on this oh-so-blustery day.
- Meeting new friends at PFW on Saturday. Hearing their hurt…but most importantly their heart.
- Living close enough to help each other out…grandparents who need help on their farm before the storm…. or friends with needs…just living in community.
- how every single time I have gone to make a grocery list with an index card this week I have smiled huge thinking of Strong and Steady.
- My oldest kids leading a 20minute solid set of worship Sunday morning.
- Cal dropped his drum stick… but my husband who has been a drummer for over 20years, didn’t notice because Cal kept the beat regardless. I saw it because I was, naturally, right up front cheering them on. Lord help me, I nearly jumped up on stage when I saw Cal struggling to reach the drum stick… but he had it handled…So Proud!!!!
- My daughter just singing…and singing well! Cheering her on. Standing right in front of her the whole time…catching her eye and making her smile. The redemption in supporting her and her knowing it.
- Prepping for the storm...I admit I love this kind of stuff… I love to “hunker down”, lol.
- Fun company at breakfast…just stopping by…checking to see if we are ready for the big storm.
- This morning at breakfast Noa eating her toast into different shapes and playing a game with them called: “Rock , baby, scissors, shoot” Made me laugh out loud because it makes perfect sense a baby would clearly trump all the other choices! and lets face it…”paper” never made any sense.
- Watching her right now play with the Little Red Riding Hood paper toys I made her.
- Another day with power.
- The heavy part of the storm now pushed back till late afternoon…still having time to get things done.
- The love of my life having to postpone his trip this week because well….no planes are flying around here…aww shucks too bad, honey! Hehehee.
- Sweet cards from friends…that make me smile every time I see them!