Released to Freedom

~
DSC_0292
~
DSC_0324
~
trapped and exhausted
she tries the same thing over and over to get out.
her heart beat racing.
another heart steady beating enters the space she has filled with urgency and fear.
the beating of her self so loud she can barely make out the steady calm of his, as his hands cup around her.
The quiet darkness surrounding her she can’t see all that she can’t get to in front of her… she can’t see all the imagined fears behind her.
a warmth of an unseen assurance encloses her.
He holds her close to his heart. See how steady and calm it beats.
no need for fight or flight.
Cherished.
He is delighted to help her. This isn’t the place she was born for… and He is happy to release her to freedom.

~

DSC_0349

~
DSC_0299
~DSC_0344

~
DSC_0333

~
DSC_0352
sharing with : StudioJRU, PPF and Magic Onions

1. Maria permalink
    January 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Oh….as my oldest son embraces his wings and takes his first flight, this was what I needed to read this morning…. this is not the place he was born for… mb

2. January 19, 2013 2:24 pm

What a wonderful painting and journaling with it. Also, I am fascinated by the photos of the real bird. How beautiful.

• January 19, 2013 4:11 pm

crazy right? I wanted to just be part of it… so I took pictures and painted.. just wanted something to treasure.

3. January 20, 2013 1:44 am

Appreciate your sharing.

4. January 20, 2013 7:59 am

Beautiful painting and journaling. A wonderful experience. Happy PPF, Annette x

5. Linda K permalink
    January 20, 2013 12:04 pm

beautiful post. I love watching the chikadees but have never had one come to my hand tho I’ve been close. Your painting is as lovely as your captured moments in the photos.Happy PPF!

6. January 20, 2013 6:26 pm

Your post is so beautifully written – the pictures are just wonderful. I really love your painting as well.

7. studiojru permalink
    January 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Oh wow, T, this is wonderful! I love the sweet chickadee. Was she injured? What a moment that your son could hold her like that! Love how you captured the moment the way you did. Beautiful!

• January 20, 2013 7:05 pm

no she was stuck in the screened in porch and couldn’t escape. I am just glad he found her and could safely catch and release her.

8. Bev permalink
    January 20, 2013 8:36 pm

Sweet photos, l;ovely paintings!

9. January 21, 2013 6:00 am

Beautifully captured!! Wonderful moment and artwork!!

Hugs Giggles