April showers will bring…
It’s really amazing when you think about how all of this inconsistent weather will bring about the most beautiful garden. I would love sunny days every day. I would love to keep the windows open day and especially at night. I would love to not have a laundry room with muddy shoe prints. The overcast skies sometimes makes this oh~so~pregnant momma yawn repeatedly. The frequent too cold temps at night inhibit me from putting in my garden and filling my pots.
I want to burst out into sunlight. I want to break ground. I want to make things happen. I want to prepare for the upcoming season…get a jump on it.
I remind myself how I am not getting any smaller…and there is a summer full of heat ahead. Tomorrow is the first day of May. Most years I already have many more plants snuck into my garden… but not this year. This year I sit and wait… because all of this sitting and waiting is growing amazing things. I hope to harvest a double blessing… a double portion for all this extra waiting. Wouldn’t that be nice? Either way I am so excited for the upcoming months. I will meet the most amazing people.
But for now… I will just take it easy. Grow a healthy pregnancy. Watch the rain with sparkly knowing eyes.
I am very thankful…
- Mainly, that last week is over….phew.
- an abundance of meals made ahead for the upcoming week.
- all of my kids love gardening.
- amazing vibrant green grass with all of the showers and sun.
- deep conversations with my oldest which result in praying with him.
- tumors which retract their tendrils so surgeons can reach them.
- Good meetings planned for this week…so much rich conversation to look forward to!
- sunshine and higher temperatures which demand a fresh pedicure!
- how very amazing this baby feels rolling about.
- friends and lovely visitors which sidetrack your day and make you stop and enjoy.