Out he went.
He just felt he was supposed to go spend time alone with the bees. To install something that would hinder anything from coming and stealing what had been worked hard for. So out he went and he Heard nothing in particular outside the hum of a curious community. They didn’t know how lucky they were… no mice would steal what they worked all summer for. Last year had been plundered and disrupted… but our lessons learned and we will not see that this year!
So out he went… because he just felt he was told to do it.
The simple act of obedience changed his day.
The act of Hearing… the act of Responding…
a sign to Him that he was listening.
A sign that he was in a posture of obedience… no matter how curious.
No matter if obedience seemed like nothing spiritual at all…
but he had Heard and did what was Asked regardless of what made sense.
That was all He needed to see… and the rest of his day was a constant download of a Father who couldn’t wait to lavish time and wisdom on a son.
(Can you see the bees with the heaping pollen baskets?
Such a great weekend….
- It’s supposed to rain buckets today and I can’t wait!
- just how much this little baby number 8 loves her family.
- that eucalyptus can help kids to stop coughing…. iii yii yiii!
- a new paint set from far far away on sale!
- how the faint smell of a dead mouth is both repulsive and reassuring all at the same time…yick and yay!
- baby naps… nice long baby naps.
- the colors just starting to change.
- a very very warm autumn.
- how I am safe.
- Happy healthy bees with mouse guards in place… no honey for us this year because of the late start… but the bees are set!
Did these two on the left crash? They seem to be whirling about!