Comfort and Joy
I had a bit of a start to see that December was here… it snuck up on me…and I was so enjoying my Thanksgiving holiday! The theme for my December is “comfort and joy”. I got the idea a few weeks ago and put brush to paper… just to have it in front of my eyes. Then I spaced it off a bit… that comfort and joy.
Last year was pretty much one of the craziest, most dramatic (perhaps a ton traumatic), fast paced December ever! We were buying a major company…. we had a few family members who were “off the rails” and there was just no rule book on how to handle that type of instability. But this year….
and the hush made me dart my eyes around looking for where something…err.. or someone may jump out at me… but then it dawned on me….OH comfort and joy…..I get it!
I get :comfort and joy.
just the whisper of snow flakes falling.
a new baby
TWO companies chugging along ( a year ago we only thought we would have one)
joyful children… not abandoned ones.
it is good.
This season is all
Comfort and Joy.
What is your theme for the month?
Things are just lovely and my heart is so Thankful…
- “I can’t wait till White Christmas comes on…,”says Yen… (and truthfully I doubt that they even know what they are talking about as I dish out dinner)…”Oh yeah! ‘sisters we are sisters’,” sings Mer (and my heart literally skipped a beat)… “With the 2 guys and the 2 girls… I just love that movie. I just can’t wait!”-Yen. And with a skipping about heart I got tears in my eyes. My girls are so awesome.
- Zim and his new hair cut… what a looker!!… and I always praise God when I don’t screw up a haircut (wink).
- That Christmas lights die so easily… so that when my husband asks for multi-colored lights for the this years tree… I can say, “Sure hon”… because I would do anything for him and he knows it… and now our tree shines that brightly for all to see (big wink!)
- Finding enough of those little hooks to hang all 10 stockings up… a Christmas decorating miracle.
- nearly everyone from Sunday Dinner, packed in my studio… only lit by twinkle lights.
- The man of my dreams taking the baby before I got out of bed…. so I could wake up in peace…it.was.awesome.
- being in love with this family more and more everyday.