A very real component of our make up is to be loved into forever
in the center of each beat of our heart is a need to be loved past anything earth can give us.
to belong to something bigger than ourselves.
She sits across the table and tells me about her life. She comes across that part that society tells her is not normal. I don’t even realize what is happening right away but slowly I pick up the cues….she has risen her aggressive anxiety level…not at me…. but the message is clear;”don’t touch this. I think you will disagree with this important part of me… and I can’t have that.. I will protect this… I don’t think you will love me in this area.” So her anxiety rises a notch or two.
Where our love ends… is where another persons anxiety begins.
Sometimes all it takes is someone perceiving our love will end.
When we think … when we know that the love is conditional on us behaving a certain way, anxiety and fear reverberate.
We were made to be loved into forever.
when we are loved just to the horizon… or worse… just to the first fence post… we start to shore ourselves up against that feeling of anxiety.
“Oh I have always loved that about you… it’s something I respect.” I hadn’t even noticed all the ways she had tightened up till… her shoulders slowly relaxed and she took a sip of water leaning back in her chair…and the stories she had locked up behind the fence came out… a few offerings to me for loving her past what she had thought…loving her past and quieting the anxiety… loving her past so she didn’t need to protect herself in this moment.
I want to love like Him. To love regardless. To love in spite of. To love past…
If we were all created on a cellular level to be loved past the reach of the cosmos
If we were made to look like an Eternal one… adopted into a family which loves forever.
If just by loving past, we can act like our Father
we can tell anxiety it isn’t needed
we win a war against fear.
Loving someone where they think you think they are unloveable…. makes you look like Him.
So thankful and here is just a smidge of why….
- Will Reagan‘s song (Break Every Chain) winning a Grammy last night.. A. GRAMMY… which means one thing.. if you come to Sunday Dinner you will eventually win a Grammy.
- My kids are writing some of the best music… Grammy in their future?.. Yes Lord!
- Watching 2 fathers make space to stop everything to listen to what their daughters collaborated on.
- Chicken pot pie… with cozy homemade noodles and plenty of saffron.
- hearing, “ahhh it’s so good to be here… I feel like I coming home.”
- how He catches me many times a day…and speaks to me about His Love.