Thanks Full Board… tutorial.
For the past few years I have put together a simple board for us to jot down things we are thankful for. I leave it up all of November and …well… it normally is still sitting out collecting thanks in December. It is adorable and amazing to see the things the rest of the family is thankful for on a daily basis. I dug out last years to remind me exactly how I put it together. I was touched to see how last year my kids would take the time to write how they were thankful for family…. relatives stopping by… hot chocolate…houses that don’t fall down…a momma. I also smiled big seeing my husband’s handwriting, thankful for me.
I saw something I wrote down that really warmed my heart… Last year Ash asked me why I keep a notebook in my purse and I told him it was to write down ideas….and in his flippy little way he chirped, “oh like God but he writes His on bread and eats it every day,”… and just like that he ran off as if what he said made perfect sense. I loved that story and would think about it often and then one day I thought about God and the meaning of bread and aren’t His ideas our daily bread? Little Ash he always knows things he doesn’t know.
I really love having this board up starting in November (anytime in November) I think it really prepares your heart and your family’s heart, for the upcoming season of Advent and Christmas.
- a frame (whatever size will do…we have a big family so we go big)
- a family picture, or family name…or names….
- something to mount the photo… I had those acid free sticky tabs but I ran out and ended up using packing tape…so really just stick it however.
- Plenty of tools for the Thankful…pencils work well to make it just right.
Directions… it’s pretty self explanatory… the only thing you want to remember is you need to be able to write on the paper, so the glass or plexiglass which would normally protect your photo is actually right behind your paper. The glass adds the bulk and stability between your paper and frame backing. You can decorate it as you see fit.. I seem to be domestically challenged in that area so I go really basic. You can obviously hang it up on the wall if you want… we leave ours on a extra dining room chair where our kids can easily access it.Pin It
**So many things to be Thankful for…way more then one board can hold… But for today we will start with just a handfull:
- My nephews 2nd birthday…he is so happy and healthy.
- My husband playing his guitar on Sunday morning.
- My words read aloud….Our God speaks our names….reaching others.
- Hearing others respond to something God told me….I am so humbled. Who am I that He would speak my name and have someone else read my words?
- Cakes cut on Sunday morning in celebration for new love.
- The craziest most beautiful October?? snow…we don’t see snow till late December around here.
- a husband who would stay a few hours longer to help me.
- a hard working husband.
- kids one by one getting better from a stomach bug
- you sweet readers who email me privately…you are gems and such a blessing.
- fireplaces all glowing warm with kids playing card games around.
- new art supplies ordered…and en route!!!!!!!!!!!!! so hopeful
- sissybutts Mil in town…her story of saving a baby in Ghana…ugh, amazing!
Please make one of these boards…if it only be a wild experiment with your family… I know it will touch your heart. Everything is about to ramp up for the holidays and there is nothing like coming around the corner and being stopped by a billboard of thanks. Pin It